WHAT DO WE BELIEVE?
At Covenant Grace Church, we embrace a holistic view of Christian faith – one where words of the heart manifest themselves in deeds. In other words, you only truly believe what you do. That’s the essence of CovGrace. The Statement of Belief below is something that ultimately we aspire to believe; not just in our hearts and minds, but in the way we live in this world. Together, we can build stronger cities.
WE BELIEVE IN:
- The unique divine inspiration, entire trustworthiness and authority of the Bible.
- The only true God, the Creator of all things, existing eternally in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit full of love and glory.
- Jesus Christ, fully human and fully divine, who lived a glorious and perfect life, who taught how to live in the new kingdom he established, who assumed the judgment due sinners by dying in our place, and who was bodily raised from the dead and ascended as Savior and Lord.
- The value and dignity of all people, created in God’s glorious image but alienated from God and each other because of our sin and guilt.
- Forgiveness of sins and reconnection with God which is by God’s grace alone to all who repent and put their faith in Jesus Christ for salvation.
- The indwelling presence and transforming power of the Holy Spirit who gives to all believers a new life and a new calling.
- The unity of all believers in Jesus Christ, sons and daughters of God, friends of Jesus, a home for the Holy Spirit a community of brothers and sisters participating in the coming of God’s Kingdom to earth, manifest in worshiping and witnessing churches, and making disciples throughout the world.
- The victorious reign and future personal return of Jesus Christ, who will judge all people with justice and mercy, giving over the unrepentant to eternal condemnation but receiving the redeemed into eternal life.
- And the consummation of all things, a tangible and utterly new reality where the limitless and unimpeded beauty, creativity and majesty of God gives birth to eternal worship